Saturday, April 6, 2019

Philosophy of Rahul Gandhi

Some of the low-decibel messages expounded by of Rahul Gandhi which were almost lost under the sand dune of time
Rahul Gandhi is expounding some messages in today's turbulent, intolerant India. The messages are  low in decibel by very high in integrity and inner strength. Just like our normal soundless breathing, our huge mass of our Indian civilisation actually stands on those unsung virtues.
I am presenting a compilation of those messages, which Rahul Gandhi often says in front of University students the future wheels on which India will run.

  • "Courage comes from acceptance of the truth. What I had to face, I accepted that. If you accept the truth, face the reality, courage comes. If you accept truth, it gives you courage. If you accept lie, it gives you fear."
  • "From truth comes humility, and humility gives courage."
  • "I don't like to make excuses. I deal with what I am faced with and I am persistent."
  • "I have no hatred towards the man (referring Narendra Modi) at all. There is no anger. He doesn't feel the same way. He has anger towards me." There was a ripple of laughter swept over the students present. A few students burst into a chant of "Modi, Modi". The reaction Rahul gave unfazed was "It's fine, no problem."
  • Asked about the young generation's obsession with social media and to live in the virtual world, he said: "You can live in virtual reality but can't run away from reality. You have to face livelihood issues, will have to look after parents."
  • "Truth is love, harmony (will help), hate and anger won't help. A false sense of confidence comes with violence but it harms you."
  • "Debating and questioning were the essence of democracy. My suggestion is, ask questions, make me uncomfortable,. Disturb me."
  • "Somebody said I have come here and given my valuable time. Nonsense, you have comehere and given your valuable time."
Let us ponder over these virtues again, forgetting for a moment that "SUCCESS IS THE ONLY GOAL OF LIFE." Just feel how soothing it is.

References 

By Sanjay K. Jha, New Delhi
The Telegraph, 06th Apr 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment